• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Galaxy Dishwasher LGID2478SFOA door seal leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooter1951

Premium Member
Model Number
LGID2478SFOA
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi,

We have a 2 year old Frigidaire Galary LGID2478 dishwasher that has developed a leak in the door seal. When I called Frigidaire to order the seal they said you can not get the seal by itself, it is sold only with a new door!! CRAZY!! The door gasket for this dishwasher is $85.00!! HELP!!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
frigidaire-seal-117158011-ap5805516_01_m.jpg

Last edited:

Shooter1951

Premium Member
Rick,
Thank you for your reply. Is this the seal for the bottom or the door or the gasket that goes around sides and top of door? It looked like the seal at the bottom which only about 23 inches long is the one that is leaking. I took the door front off and ran the rinse cycle. There was some water leaking along the seal into the tray on door.
Thanks again. Take care
Shooter

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member

Shooter1951

Premium Member
That's nuts that you can't buy that seal separately. They sell the soap dispenser and other parts on the door separately but not a seal. As I said INSANE!! Hate replacing a 2 year old dishwasher.

Shooter1951

Premium Member
Fixing it how? By spending $200 + for a door just to get a new seal. Called Frigidaire tech support today and you can't buy it separately. You have to buy the door. Spend $200+ for a door, because of a leaking seal that costs 10 bucks on other Frigidaire dishwadhers??? How smart is that. Several neighbors in our community have the Galary edition and several have crapped out in the first 5 years. If the only way to replace that seal is by buying a new door, that is unacceptable. Someone at Frigidaire should lose their damn job over that design!! I'd rather pay $700 on a new dishwasher instead of holding our breath waiting for this one to break something else.

Shooter1951

Premium Member
Why can't you fix that one??
I appreciate you trying to help with it Rick. But I called 4 appliance shops in Ft Myers area today and they all said you can't buy the seal by itself. A couple tried to cross reference it but didn't have any luck.
Thanks Rick.

Shooter1951

Premium Member
It worked for about 3 washes. Then started leaking again. Our leak is close to the hinge on left side. We decided to put a towel down and set a small cool whip bowl under the hinge while it is running. It leaks less than a 1/4 a cup of water. Aggravating!!! Good luck.

Lee Petkovsek

Premium Member
It worked for about 3 washes. Then started leaking again. Our leak is close to the hinge on left side. We decided to put a towel down and set a small cool whip bowl under the hinge while it is running. It leaks less than a 1/4 a cup of water. Aggravating!!! Good luck.
Thank you for answering me Shooter! Mine drips only about a teaspoon all together but, with hardwood floors- I want not a single drop!! Yes, it is so annoying! I otherwise love my KitchenAide dishwasher in every other way! If you ever resolve the issue, let me know! That administrator, Jake on this forum has given me some great troubleshooting ideas to explore with my repair guy.

Shooter1951

Premium Member
I finally found the problem and mine was an easy fix. Not sure if all dishwashers are like this but on my Frigidaire Gallery it was the play in the latch. Not the actually latch on the door itself but the "catch" portion on the frame of the dishwasher. If you look up under the catch you will find a rubber grommet covering a screw. Remove the grommet and check if the phillips head screw is loose. Loosen the screw enough so you can push the catch back, retirement the screw. This should move the catch back into the original place. This will make the door close tighter against the gasket and should stop the leak.

I am guessing over time the latch catch gets playing the door causing the leaks. Good luck!!
Shooter

rickgburton

Staff member
Thanks for the update Shooter. That's a common problem with dishwashers. The lower basket when full of dishes is a lot of weight and over time can keep the door from closing tight. Open the door and see if it opens more than 45°. Dishwashers shouldn't be perfectly level either. The front should be slightly higher than the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.