• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Gallery Front Loader - Door Won't Unlock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nprice

Hello,

I have a Frigidaire gallery Front loader which is approx 3 years old. It has been working very well, but the last 3 loads, the door lock is "hit and miss" on releasing.

The model number is of course behind the door :confused: and even worse, there is a load of wet clothing inside the machine.

I cannot get the door to release and I am afraid the clothes will sour before I can get help in (I can replace the part myself -IF i can only get the #@$(*& model number) vs pay huge $$$$ to have someone do this for me in the off-hours). Does anyone know how I can manually override this??? Please help.

Thanks tons,
n

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

On the Frigidaire front loaders there isn't a release over ride as with the Whirlpool ones.

You may just have to break it to get the door open, this thread explains a bit more:

Jake

redc52

We have an Frigidaire affinity washer
13 years old, worked fine for a month
now when we close the door the function lights go on but after ten seconds the door unlocks and won't start.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

This thread is 15 years old, please start a new thread with your model number. The model number tag is located inside the door.

Thanks!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.