• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Gallery PLCF489ACB burner no longer putting out a strong flame

Dominick

Premium Member
Model Number
PLCF489ACB
Brand
Frigidaire
Hey guys,

Firstly I want to thank you guys for the info you've provided in the past. It's a huge help and I feel I owe you something. Let me know how I can support you.

Issue 1:
This time my stove top is acting up. One of my burners (the biggest and normally most powerful one) is now putting out a much smaller flame. It still outputs gas and a flame but its much smaller than it was (pic below). The other burners are still as powerful as ever which makes me think its just that burner.

I looked down into the burner's compartment and I tried to clean away any gunk on the brass nozzle but there wasn't much and it didn't help. I noticed the brass nozzle down there is a hex nut of some size. Is it adjustable?

Issue 2:
My other larger burner (pic also included below) is a stronger flame but doesn't light fully when the spark fires. It only lights a very small section near the white nozzle. To get it to light fully, we have to blow on the burner and then it lights right up. Has anyone ever heard of this problem before? It's only this burner that has this issue.

Thanks in advance.

This is the burner that is weak:
1121181933_HDR.jpg

This is the other burner (that I need to blow on to light fully):
1121181933a_HDR.jpg

Dominick

Premium Member
I should say as well, in both photos both burners are turned up 100%.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Dominick,

What burner is in the first photo with the weak flame?

What burner is in the second photos with the normal flame that you have to blow on to light fully?

For the second burner, you will need to remove that burner and soak it in baking soda and warm water for a couple hours, that will clean all the ports holes, especially the ones near the spark igniter.

Jake

Dominick

Premium Member
What burner is in the first photo with the weak flame?
That is the bottom left burner.

What burner is in the second photos with the normal flame that you have to blow on to light fully?
That is the bottom right burner.

For the second burner, you will need to remove that burner and soak it in baking soda and warm water for a couple hours, that will clean all the ports holes, especially the ones near the spark igniter.
Do you have any sort of diagram that shows me what part actually needs to be removed? Is there anything I should worry about while dissembling? I am concerned I'll stumble upon a part I'll need to remove that allows gas to escape.

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for Frigidaire PLCF489ACB: Burner Parts

The burner caps just pull up and off, then the burners(F10, F10A, F10B in the parts diagram) should have just one screw in them, remove it, then that will pull up and off.

You may need to remove the igniter(74) clips(75) before the whole burner pulls up and off.

Just unplug your range first, gas should not come out when you remove the burners.

Jake

Dominick

Premium Member
1123181545_HDR.jpg

The burners look OK. Don't see much build up but I will definitely try soaking them.

Any thoughts on the issue with the bigger burner where the flame is lower than before? We've noticed once or twice that the flame is high/powerful for a second and then it reduces down to the lower setting on its own. But most times we start it, its just the lower setting all the time and we can't make it higher using the knobs.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The Left-Front Burner with the weak flame, first check your mixing tube to make sure nothing is obstructing the gas flow.

Here's the mixing tube for your model:
318167801 Tube

If your mixing tube is clear, then the problem is your Left-Front gas burner valve.

Here's the Left-Front gas burner valve for your model:
318087001 Valve

Jake

Dominick

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. The flame has been better since we soaked the burners in baking soda. Thank you so much! We still have to blow on the lower right burner once in a while but its not as big of a deal.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dominick, sounds good.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake