Frigidaire Gallery - Rust spots & clothes getting caught

DFastOne

Premium Member
Maintenance kit for canadian customer...

Thanks for the info. This online store doesn't ship to Canada, and I can't seem to find this same maintenance kit anywhere else. If I have to get only the parts that address the adhesive on clothing issue, which ones should I get?

Thanks,

Al

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

ricklaugh

Premium Member
Yes, I have done it twice in ten years. The second time I used acetone to remove the old piece Cut right through the glue and it came right off. Other than this, the dryer (and washer) have performed well. We use them almost every day - and have for ten years.

hooperi

Premium Member
I've just done this repair again for what seems to be the umpteenth time. This time it was motivated by a broken belt, but I figured if I'm going to take it all apart I might as well replace the rear bearings and the felt gliders.

I ordered a kit similar to the one shown above, but this one had a part number of 5304457724 (Maintenance Kit 5304457724), which seems to be for dryers from 2002 or newer.

Technically, it was probably the wrong kit, but the only difference I could see was that the top felt seal did not have the plastic gliders on it. This seems like a trivial difference to me. Is there any reason I should be concerned about this? What is the value of having the plastic gliders vs. not having them?

I also don't think that this is going to solve the caught and burned clothing issue that we regularly experience. I can see a gap between the drum and the gliders that I imagine is where our clothes are getting stuck. Is it possible that one of the differences between the two maintenance kits is the thickness of the felt seals, which would affect the size of the gap?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Ivan

Bambiblaster

Appliance Tech
In reference to the plastic tabs missing it is because the drum for this kit has a plastic bearing ring on it as the older ones did not

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
hooperi: What is the model number of your dryer?

Then we can tell you.

Jake

hooperi

Premium Member
My model number is FDE546RES1. By the way, we are still having clothes get stuck and burned. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

This is the maintenance kit for your model:
Maintenance Kit 5304461262

See the difference? Your model has those 3 plastic glides on the front felt seal, so since you ordered the kit that doesn't have those 3 plastic glides on the front felt seal, then you will have more of a gap for the clothes get lodged in and cause this problem.

Since you already replaced the rear bearing and the remainder of those other parts in that other kit, you can just order the glide/felt assembly below, it will save you some money.

Drum Slide, Glide, Pad Kit 5303937139

Let us know how it goes!

Jake