• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Gas Range (FPGH3077RFC) broil and bake not heating up

Texmex55

Premium Member
Model Number
FPGH3077RFC
Brand
Frigidaire
Over the last couple days I have noticed that my range (FPGH3077RFC) has been working intermittently. The bake option won’t heat up or the broil won’t ignite. Usually some playing around with the knobs, and repeatedly trying to it to ignite it works after a while.
my question is, what are the chances both igniters need replacing. They both glow red but fail to ignite.
Thanks in advance.

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model Number FPGH3077RF

That model number is incomplete. Did you get it right off the appliance's model and serial number tag? There should be another letter at the very end eg. FPGH3077RF__

(It's not absolutely critical here as all models look to use the same ignitors but you might want to get it and write it down for future reference.)

The bake option won’t heat

What exactly do you mean by that? Ignitor not glowing? Ignitor glowing but just no flame??

what are the chances both igniters need replacing.

Both ignitors fail frequently so it's possible. You might not have even realized one or the other has been failing for some time and they just happen to finally give up the ghost together. Oven ignitors do seem to fail more often in humid conditions. What's the weather been like in NF?

LINK > FPGH3077RF Bake Ignitor # 139013700

LINK > Broil Ignitor # 139013701

Dan O.

Last edited:

Texmex55

Premium Member
Dan O. said:
What exactly do you mean by that? Ignitor not glowing? Ignitor glowing but just no flame??

Thanks for the reply

the model number is FPGH3077RFC.

by not heating I mean that I can see both the broiler and oven igniter glowing for a short time but there is no flame. I have to play around with Turing it off and on to get it to work.

are these difficult installations?
Thanks again for your help!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Texmex55 said:
I have to play around with Turing it off and on to get it to work.

If they glow but don't let gas get to the burner, it's either the ignitor or the gas valve. The ignitors are usually 85% or higher the most likely cause. (Gas valves don't fail nearly as frequently.) And yes, an ignitor can glow and still be defective. The only way to determine for certain if the ignitor was responsible would be to measure their amperage draw when glowing (see the following link).

LINK > Understanding Gas Oven Ignition Systems

Texmex55 said:
are these difficult installations?

You mean to replace? It is usually one of the easier repair jobs on a gas range. Usually just a screwdriver is required.

Dan O.

Last edited:

Texmex55

Premium Member
So if this issue is intermit, would that likely indicate the ignitors more so than the valve? My wife tried to today and it worked first try but yesterday I need to turn on and off the broil 3 times for it to ignite.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Being intermittent doesn't change the diagnosis. The only way to tell for certain is to measure the amperage draw of the ignitors.

If the ignitor was NOT glowing when it should be on, the problem could also be in the control system or wiring to the oven components.

Dan O.