• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire GLRS237ZA Not Dispensing Water Properly

JohnnyS

Premium Member
Model Number
GLRS237ZA
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi all,

It doesn't appear to me that this problem has already been addressed. We re-built our house and I recently brought our refrigerator back in from outdoor storage where it saw temperatures varying between summer heat down to winter freezing. The water inlet valve broke on the move so I replaced it with a new one. After allowing it to warm and connecting it back up, the water system doesn't work correctly.

It dispenses water properly but after releasing the cradle a loud buzzing/grinding noise comes from the back somewhere near the water tank (coiled water tubing) assembly. It also will continue to dispense water for a few seconds after releasing the cradle. Also, the ice maker is not receiving water properly. Every once and a while water will come out of the dispenser without asking for it accompanied by the buzzing/grinding sound. I replaced the filter at the top of the fridge and the problem still remains. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Johnny,

Sounds like you received a defective water inlet valve. That's about the only thing it could be, nothing else would cause that buzzing/grinding sound. Where ever you got it from I'd have them exchange it for another new one.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve 242252702

Jake

JohnnyS

Premium Member
Thanks Jake - much appreciated. Will replace and try again. I will post follow up once complete.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Johnny, sounds good.

Jake

JohnnyS

Premium Member
So it turns out that I should have assessed the water valve a little closer when I put it in - I connected the water line coming from the filter and tank into the outlet of the water dispenser valve, instead of into the inlet of the dual valve assembly as I should have. FYI to anyone out there, these are the symptoms you see when you connect the water lines incorrectly.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Johnny for the update, glad that's all it was!

Jake