• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire ice maker not working

Model Number
FFHS2622MBH
Brand
Frigidaire
My ice maker quit working and I can't figure out what parts I need. It is a side by side with water and ice cubes. The water for filling my glass works fine, but not the ice maker. The mold did have ice in it but it never ejected. I turned the dial to manually do this and it was fine. The heater was working because I burnt my finger When I touched it. But afterwards the water never refilled the mold. I figured since I can still get a glass of water then the water valves should be ok? My power went out right around the time this quit working so I'm not sure if a surge may have caused this? I don't know where to start. Thanks for any help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, it sounds like that power outage you had may have affected the ice maker circuit either by a small surge or spike through the ice maker fill circuit or water inlet valve.

But lets make sure, I'd first check your fill tube that goes into the ice maker tray mold from the back. Pull your refrigerator out from the wall.

Where the water line attaches to the fitting at the top-back of the freezer this tube (or "trough" if you will) that feeds the ice maker can clog up/freeze solid. Remove the water line and take a hairdryer and blast warm air through this tube (from the back) and a solid rod of ice will eventually pop out IF that tube is clogged with ice.

If no ice clog, then manually cycle the ice maker by turning that gear in the front of it in the direction on the arrow, just turn it a little bit till you start seeing it move on its on.

Then give it a couple minutes to finish the cycle and see if water comes in, if not then pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then take off the electrical connector from the water inlet valve and put your multimeter probes into that electrical connector and re-cycle the ice maker, and watch the multimeter while its cycling, it should jump to 120 volts towards the end of the cycle.

If you see 120 volts on your multimeter then the ice maker is fine, its the water inlet valve that's bad.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order:
Frigidaire 242252702 Water Valve

Watch this video to replace it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A3AELTKQEfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you DON'T see 120 volts on your multimeter towards the end of the cycle, then your ice maker itself is the problem.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
Frigidaire 241798224 Icemaker W/cover

Jake