Frigidaire Leaking at bottom after belt replacement

leakywasher

Model Number
FWS1233FS1
Brand
Electrolux
Hey there folks! Bit of a head scratcher on my hands.

My FWS1233FS1 was squealing really bad so I ordered a new drive belt and put it on. That fixed one problem but now I have another.

It is leaking from the bottom. I have checked the back hoses and drain pipe and there is no moisture there. It's coming out from the bottom somewhere (haven't cracked it open just yet) and going through the drain pan (which I cracked when trying to get the washer open to replace the belt.) This leak was, to the best of my knowledge, not present prior to the belt replacement. I never noticed any moisture in the drain pan.

Here's what I've done so far:

Checked water supply hoses. No apparent damage. No moisture present.

Checked to make sure washer is level. It is.

I did a quick exterior look and see no moisture on the sides/front/back of washer.

I definitely observed it when running a super load. I ran a medium load and didn't notice anything.

Other notes:
Getting the new belt on was a challenge and it's super tight in there. Not sure if I might have knocked something when working down there.
The washer is making a lot of mechanical noise when spinning down/up now.

I'm planning to get under there after the wash is done to see what I can see, just curious what I need to look for that might escape me.

Thanks for any hints.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It's coming out from the bottom somewhere (haven't cracked it open just yet)
Do you have the front panel off the machine so you can see exactly where the water leak is coming from?

Get a flashlight or droplight so you can see better in there. You'll need to babysit the washer during the whole time its running to find the leak most likely.

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Frigidaire Washer FWS1233FS1 Repair Parts

Jake