• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire LFHB2741PF5A Ice Maker will not stop dispensing ice

hedger48

Premium Member
hi, this is old thread but i have same problem with Frigidaire LFHB2741PF5A, it wont stop dispensing ice when door is closed.
Trying to figure if i should buy power board or dispenser board. can you help me determine which to order? the paddle moves well like spring is pulling it back to correct spot, i can hear a switch engaging. i had to unplug ice maker assembly to make it stop.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Since your model number was different, I moved your post to your own thread.

The dispenser module is usually the culprit.

Here's the dispenser module for your model:
242270102 Module

There is a video that shows you how to replace it here:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

hedger48

Premium Member
ok, thanks, i'll give it a shot, any reason you dont think it is the power board? searching online it seemed it might be either.
thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your schematic below. Lets find out, disconnect the electrical connector to the dispenser module.

Then take a volt reading at these on the main power board, make sure the doors are closed.
RL6-->J2-2
RL3-->J3-1

The PURPLE wire and LT BLUE wire goes to the auger motor, if you still get 120 volts with the dispenser module disconnected, then yes the main power board is bad.

Here's the main power board for your model:
5304502780 Board-Main Power

Jake

Attachments

• A01870701.pdf
    547 KB · Views: 47

hedger48

Premium Member
Thank you.
can I disconnect the electrical connector to the dispenser module from the power board or do I have to take apart the dispenser to do that?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just disconnect it from the dispenser module itself, the video shows you how.

Jake

hedger48

Premium Member
thanks for responding. i pluged the icemaker back in to check it out, and now its working finie, uugh! that means i have some intermittent problem. when i had it plugged in before the auger would just run unless i opened door. it did stop a few times but it was going for a while before i unplugged it. now i cant really trouble shoot it since it is working for the moment.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, intermittent problems are the hardest to nail down.

If it does it again, just do what I mentioned above.

Jake

hedger48

Premium Member
just got around to changing the power board. ice dispense seems to be working fine now, however now i have a new problem, it has been 24hr and still not making ice. I didnt have that problem before. I pulled the power board to confirm everything plugged in well, looks good. DO i need to do some reset process? ice area doest appear to be getting cold enough.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
just got around to changing the power board. ice dispense seems to be working fine now
Excellent.(y)

it has been 24hr and still not making ice. I didnt have that problem before. I pulled the power board to confirm everything plugged in well, looks good. DO i need to do some reset process? ice area doest appear to be getting cold enough.
Give it 48 to 72 hours. Put a freezer thermometer in the ice maker compartment and tell us what it reads.

Jake

hedger48

Premium Member
Two hours and below 20. See photo.

B3059C9D-CCFD-4844-BAFC-8E383772392B.jpeg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's too warm, was it cooling great before you replaced the power board?

Is the evaporator fan motor in the freezer running at all times while the compressor is running?

Jake

hedger48

Premium Member
Yes. Was making ice fine before. I don’t hear a fan in the ice maker area but something is making noise. The fridge and freezer temps on the front display look good and 0 and 37. I hear something humming. How do I know if it’s the compressor or fan?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Yes you have a ice maker fan motor, if that's not running, that's likely the problem. But what is strange is that the ice maker was running great below you replaced the power board, did you buy the board from my link to it above in post #4 at AppliancePartsPros?

Here it is(Video Included):
Cooling Fan 5304493604

In your tech. data sheet I posted above in post #4--->Do test 57C and see if the ice maker fan motor runs.

Jake