Frigidaire LTF2140FS2 not spinning

Taylorv32

Premium Member
Model Number
LTF2140FS2
Brand
Frigidaire
I have seen several posts about this model not spinning. Mine is filling, agitating, and draining properly. The problem is once it gets to the final spin stage. It tosses back and forth while the drain pump is still engaged. I think it would do this for hours if I let it. I have replaced the drain pump in the last 3 months and just recently (yesterday) replaced the door lock. I don't know what else to try and diagnose at this point. I'm selling my house and it is in the contract to stay. I would really like to get it fixed instead of having to buy a new one. Help?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Taylor,

Let's check for a error code now.

You have the "GOOD" model(non-digital display). So an error code will be read with the flashing lights you count.

Read page 10 of the repair manual here:
Let us know what error code you get.

Jake

Taylorv32

Premium Member
Hey Jake. Thanks for responding. I ran the diagnostics test and got the code E52.

From what it looks like that's a tachometer issue. The thing I don't understand is that it spins when it's empty. As soon as you add something to the machine is when it starts to decide not to spin.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, E52=Bad signal from tacho generator. Refer to test (10).

1. Disconnect the plug from the drive motor and measure the resistance pins 4 & 5 in the motor.
--->If the reading is between 105 & 130 Ohms, replace the speed control board.
--->If the meter reads other than between 105 & 130 Ohms, replace the motor.

Here's the motor speed control board for your model you can order if needed:
134743500 Motor Control Board

Here's the motor for your model you can order if needed:
137043000 Motor

Let us know what you find.

Jake