• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Microwave FGMV174KFB no heat buzz sound

G

Model Number
FGMV174KFB
Brand
Frigidaire
So I watched a lot of You Tube videos First thing I did was test door switches all good continuity. Next the thermostat behind control panel. no conductivity. replaced 5304502765 now the blower fans run soon as I plug the unit in and fan controls can change speed just no off. Microwave still runs different tone and no heat. Next tested magnetron passed tested capacitor and it passed. tested diode and needed to replace it. the new one passes. microwave still has blower motors on micro turns on different tone and no heat. tested thermostat on the top under the plastic with positive conductivity. Also ceramic fuse is good.
I'm about to just buy new but after spending 80 bucks on diodes and fuses I would like to know what I missed could the transformer be bad. I did test it and seemed to be within spec. Thanks

G

Ok so just did a heat test with the one thermostat on the bottom of the microwave just behind the control panel. apply heat and the circuit closes cool and the circuit opens. So that makes sense for the fans. so the replacement I bought is the wrong thermostat 5304502765 for that position. The other two thermostats are closed when cool which I assumed was right.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the parts diagram with the schematic for your model:

@rickgburton is very good at Microwaves, but he's been out sick since Jan. 2022

I know little to nothing about fixing them, but hopefully another tech can assist you.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.