• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Microwave FGMV175QFA - Should the blower be on when using the microwave?

syllinx

Premium Member
Model Number
FGMV175QFA
Brand
Frigidaire
I just got it free because the woman said it blew a fuse. I installed the slow blow fuse and it seems fine so far. The blower works if I turn it on and there are no error codes when using it. I'm just not used of a microwave that doesn't have the blower going every time I make popcorn. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

syllinx

Premium Member
Thanks. I hear the fan that cools the magnetron but the blowers only turn on if I want them on. I just hope it was designed this way. I like newer tech. Our old microwave was over 13 years old.
I even measured energy use. At idle the new one shows .7w with clock, old one showed 3.5W. Heating coffee is even cheaper now lol since it shows it uses 200w less than the old one.
I'm guessing the humidity sensor or whatever it is called should turn on if there is humidity in the microwave but boiling water even doesn't trigger the blower.

syllinx

Premium Member
Found it.
If the temperature from the range or cooktop below the oven gets too hot, the vent fan will automatically turn on to protect the oven. It may stay on up to an hour to cool the oven. When this occurs, the Vent pad will not turn the fan off.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job finding that information.(y)

Jake