• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Frigidaire Microwave Isn't Heating

Somerset John

Premium Member
Model Number
FMT148GPB2
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire Gallery Professional Series FMT148GPB2 Microwave. Everything on it works except for the heat. It lights up, buttons beep, carousel rotates ... just no heat.

I watched an apartment maintenance person once repair a microwave. He removed a few screws, removed the front panel, pulled out something that looked like a circuitboard, and popped in a new one. Two minutes work, max.

I'm hoping that such a repair might be as easy on my unit? Maybe even just a fuse? (I know, wishful thinking.)

Also, if someone is able to post a miracle answer for me, perhaps you can suggest where I ought to buy whatever part I need.

Somerset John

Premium Member
Thanks, Jeff.

I'll take your word for it and assume it's not the fuse, since everything else besides the heat is working.

I guess the real question is ... where do I find a tutorial or some instruction to fix this myself?

-JOHN

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
A way of testing to see if the microwave is creating high voltage or not...
http://www.applianceaid.com/micro7.html
First thing is to find out if the microwave is creating high voltage...if it is and no cooking = new mag time...if it is not then we look else where.
I don't know of anything model# specific.
This here may help.

jeff.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If you get a chance, let us know what they find out.

jeff.