• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire or Something Else???

andyk

Premium Member
We currently have a 4 year old Frigidaire Front Load Washer WITH EXTENDED WARRANTY!!! (Thank God!) Needless to say, our washer is making horrendous noise on spin, and sounds/feels like the dreaded bearing issue. Well, after 3 visits from a technician, the company finally said they would just REPLACE the washer with a new one!!! Cool!!!

I went to my local Best Buy today, and they have MANY front load washers. Manufactured by: Frigidaire, Whirlpool, LG, and Siemens. Opening the front door on all of them reveals basically the same design. So my question is: Regardless of manufacturer, if I buy a front load machine, can I expect bearing problems in 5 years or less. Does anyone expect the bearings in these front loaders to go 15 years with no problems?

We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters, and I swear that washer is going 24/7.

We have an in-store credit, so we can upgrade to a different washer if needed.

Jake, what is your opinion? Have you had the new Whirlpool Duets apart enough to see the bearings? Like I said, they all look to be the same design; front door seal, inner and the outer drum look the same. The Whirlpool Duet drum/inner basket seems to be tipped back a little, which worries me about the water dripping off the inner basket and running back toward the bearing.

Andy :confused:

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Andy,

The Whirlpool Duet is very good, and I'm happy to say I have not run into any bearing problems with these at all. The tub tilting back abit is not a problem, I would recommend the Whirlpool Duet.

The new Frigidaire front loader has been redesigned as well, haven't had any bearing issues with these new ones yet.

The LG and Siemens are not sold at Sears, so I have not had any service calls to indicate if these are reliable or not.

Jake

andyk

Premium Member
Well I moved up (way up) to the Whirlpool Duet 9400. It cost me an additional $800 after the in-store credit from Best Buy for the Frigidaire. So after being without a washer for over a month (!), my wife is VERY happy just to have a washer. Heck, I probably could have bought a cheap Roper, and she would have been happy. Crossing my fingers for the future.

Andy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That Whirlpool Duet 9400 is a very good machine, I do not expect you will have any problems whatsoever with it!:D

Yup, Ropers are very good too!:D

Jake