• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Professional Refrigerator FPFU19F8RFE loud knocking noise from freezer

Crockice

Model Number
FPFU19F8RFE
Brand
Frigidaire
Frigidaire professional model with side by side freezer and fridge with trim kit. Unit is 3 years old. After moved in last year about 4-5 months later the ice maker/freezer started making a loud knocking noise roughly every 2 hours. I replaced the ice maker today in hopes that it would be resolved. Unfortunately not. Both units, the old ice making and the new ice maker make ice just fine but the knocking noise is pretty loud. Had someone come out from Capital Appliance here in Columbus Ohio, however they wouldn't troubleshoot past looking in the freezer and told me I needed to have someone remove the trim kit and pull the unit out. The technician suspects a low pressure water line.

The TL;DR is the ice maker still makes ice but on a cycle of about every 2 hours there is fairly loud knocking noise that comes from the freezer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update 1 - Just observed the ice being pushed into the tray and as soon as the arm reset the noise happened. I'm thinking it happened when the water was dispensed it ice making tray.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Trying to diagnose a noise from a description on a forum post doesn't work or at least not very often. Maybe make a youtube video and post it here. Turn up the volume.