• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Range CFGF337ESC - front left gas burner not igniting (no sparking sound), other burners are fine

GeeWiz

Premium Member
Model Number
CFGF337ESC
Brand
Frigidaire
The other burners do ignite except for the front left burner. When knob adjusted to spark burner, there is no sparking sound. When I put a lit match to the burner, the burner lights up ... so the gas flow is OK. When I turn on both the back and the front left burner to ignite ... then the front one lite up too as I can hear sparking. I'm thinking it's maybe a problem with the ignitor module or the controller at the knob. Does that sound about right? How do I troubleshot further? Can the controller be "cleaned" to save some $.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Easy way to test this: With a multimeter, turn on the surface burners....each one should sent 120 volts AC to the larger 2 terminals on the spark module...as long as this occurs the switches are ok and the spark module has to be replaced.

Here's the spark module for your model:
316135702 Spark Module

If you turn on the front left burner and you don't get 120 volts at the spark module, then that front left burner switch is bad.

Here is it for your model, it comes with all four burner switches:
frigidaire-wiring-harness-w-316219004-ap3215934_01_m.jpg

Video included in part link.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

GeeWiz

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I will have to pull the stove out from the wall to access that module. That's too bad there isn't a easily way.

I won't be able to update until my next visit to my folks (late next month).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake