• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Range FFGF3053LSH - Oven heating up sometimes other times not

LearningApp21

Premium Member
Model Number
FFGF3053LSH
Brand
Frigidaire
Good afternoon Pros
On my Frigidaire FFGF3053LSH sometimes the oven operates normal heats up to temperature (no gas odor)

Sometimes it will just stay lukewarm (smell like gas),

Sometimes preheat light will shut off (indicating the oven has reached the desired temperature) yet temperature doesn't seem as hot as it should be (sorry don't have a thermometer)

On this Particular model Baking and Broiling is done in the upper compartment

Is it one ignitor for bake and broil or separate (2 ignitors 1 for broil 1 for bake)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Pictures below are accurate to my model #
012505502606.jpg
66939_400x400_2.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the oven sensor for about 1100 Ω @ room temperature. Broil igniter is on top. Bake igniter is under the floor. The igniter needs to draw between 3.2 and 3.6 amps in order to open the gas safety valve. Igniters get weak over time. Use a meter and check the amp draw.

C-Igniter Amps.jpg

LearningApp21

Premium Member
Unfortunately I dont have a multimeter (gumshoe DIY lol) so I'm going in based on theory or as we say in the car world the "parts cannon"

Broil function hasn't worked for quite sometime about 2 years(never gets up to temperature)

Bake just started failing about a month ago ,hit or miss on if it warms up

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
I dont have a multimeter
Get one. They don't cost much about $20 it and will pay for itself the first time you shoot your parts cannon and miss....LOL. Replace both igniters. That should do it. Keep in mind, if it doesn't fix it, you could have bought four DMMs for the cost of the one that didn't work.
Bake igniter:
frigidaire-ignitor-316489403-ap4433236_01_l.jpg

Broil igniter:
frigidaire-ignitor-5304506545-ap6036346_01_l.jpg

LearningApp21

Premium Member
Thanks for posting up the part numbers, saw some Coorsk Brand igniters, any good?

When using the bake function i noticed once its running sometimes i will hear the flame shut off and it starts making a clicking sound(similar to when turning on a burner) is this normal ?

rickgburton

Staff member
It seems like everyone and their brother is selling appliance parts on the internet these days. I only use OEM parts. We have seen many, many problems with new parts coming from Amazon and eBay China is one reason. They make crap parts.

What's clicking? Where is coming from?

LearningApp21

Premium Member
Coorstek from what I read is based in Colorado, owned by the same family as Coors Beer :) but of course manufactured in China

It is from a parts site based in PA(dont know If forum rules allows me to post )I dont bother with amazon or ebay as I hear most car parts are deep fakes or the lowest of the low in quality Id guess the same applies for appliance parts

When using Bake function on 460degrees I could hear the flame for about 3-5min then it started clicking flame was no longer on. Is the flame supposed to stay on until baking temp is reached or is it supposed to cycle on/off.

Then turned on the Broil function on HI. Broil igniter lit up but no flame even after 5 minutes