• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Range FGF348KCD - gas oven not heating

baconman1000

Premium Member
Model Number
FGF348KCD
Brand
Frigidaire
Oven and broiler will not heat. I've checked the igniter - it is not warming up at all, but conductivity looks fine. I've actually replaced that igniter within the past couple years and I don't think it is the problem. I also checked the temperature probe - resistance is within the correct range. I'm not sure what to check next, any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Oven and broiler will not heat.

Only a single burner is used for both functions.

Do the surface burners ignite Ok?

I've checked the igniter - it is not warming up at all, but conductivity looks fine.

These links are pertinent to this topic. They were supplied by this message author. Please use them.

Did you test it with at least one wire disconnected?

LINK > Appliance411 FAQ : How do I test for continuity?

I've actually replaced that igniter within the past couple years and I don't think it is the problem.

That has little to do with its condition now. I'd suggest you not rely on that for its current condition however a continuity test should indicate whether good or not.

I'm not sure what to check next

The next easiest is checking continuity of the oven gas valve (with at least one wire disconnected).

If both it and the ignitor are good, I don't see anything else in their circuit besides the electronic control itself or the wiring in between. Maybe check the wiring from the control to those other components? There might be a break?

LINK > FGF348KCD Electronic Control

Dan O.

Last edited:

baconman1000

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply, and sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. Some additional info - surface burners work fine, and I have continuity on both the igniter and the oven gas valve. Tomorrow I'll be taking the whole thing apart to check the wiring between the control board and the components. Is there any way for me to test the electronic control board itself while I'm at it? I'd like to know for sure if it has problems before I spend the money on a replacement. Thanks!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Is there any way for me to test the electronic control board itself while I'm at it?

The only way would be to find the connection to the ignition circuit on the electronic control and see if the control is switching power to it when turned on for use.*

There's little use in that IMO because if the ignition circuit is not broken (no loose wires, both ignitor and valve have continuity), I don't see anything else it can be other than the control.

* Testing on a live appliance can be dangerous. If you're unfamiliar with safety precautions it should not be attempted.

JMO

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.