• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Range FGGF3058RFA - New Oven Control Module not working - twice

Lerxst

Premium Member
Model Number
FGGF3058RFA
Brand
Frigidaire
Was getting an F14 - stuck key message. Fine. I'll replace the EOC module. Purchased a 316560118 control module. Before installing the new overlay and mounting the controller, I connected the wiring to the controller to test it and the entire keypad seemed inoperative. I reseated the ribbon cable that connects the keypad to the controller several times...nothing. Figured the module (or keypad) was bad, so I returned it and ordered another. Same problem with the second one. If I reconnect the original stuck key controller, it still acts as if there's a stuck key....expected. If it matters, the original module was Rev D and the two replacements were Rev E.

Am I missing something? Is there any reason the new controller shouldn't work when plugged in without the overlay and not remounted to the oven? Two consecutive bad new controllers?? Thanks!

Last edited:

Lerxst

Premium Member
Answered my own question...yes, the overlay is necessary since that's what help make the button press connections.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the overlay has to be plugged into the module to work properly.(y)

Glad to hear your back in business, thanks for the update!

Jake