• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Range GCRE3060AFF Oven and display cut off, but cook top still works and oven works when cooktop is on

John Michael

Premium Member
Model Number
GCRE3060AFF
Brand
Frigidaire
Just got this range, like today, so under warranty and will call store tomorrow, but super curious.
We were using the oven. The oven stopped. the display went blank. However, the cook top burners still worked. And when the cook top was on, we could get the oven working. Turn cook top (burner) off, oven would stop and display would go blank.

We had a similar issue with our previous range though it would totally stop and then reset itself. Could there be issues with house wiring or voltage? I am a little afraid of checking the 240 V outlet. With 120 V I am stupid brave. 240, I get less stupid.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Never be afraid of electricity but alway respect it and you'll be fine. You can't really get a shock from 220V because it's two separate circuits. Take your time and do things the right way. Are you planning to touch a wire with your finger when it's plugged in? Then don't worry about it.

The problem is with the range and not the wires or circuit breaker because the elements work. It sounds like glitch in the control board. Wait for the tech to fix it.

John Michael

Premium Member
Thanks!
Figured it was control board related. And thanks for the encouragement about working with electricity. I could bore you with lots of stories of forks in outlets, putting fingers in live light bulb sockets, installing fluorescent bulb without turning off power (and touching the metal ends)...... Some dumb careless mistakes, some just a child.

John Michael

Premium Member
You know when you call for support and they ask if the device is plugged in and you get mad because of course it is? Well, after scheduling a technician, I decided to reach behind the stove and mess with the plug. I barely pushed it Display works, elements work, oven works.... All I can figure is the installer did not push the plug in enough? Some of the lights and fan worked (those I assume run off 120 v). And it did work for a while, maybe half in and gravity helped the plug slowly "fall" out? I do plan on pulling the oven out and examining the outlet (after flipping the breaker, looking at the plug, etc. But right now dinner is ready.

Not sure if my long winded stories are all that helpful. MODERATOR: Feel free to edit or delete my posts.