• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Range PGLEF387AS2 glass touchscreen

dkca

Premium Member
Model Number
PGLEF387AS2
Brand
Frigidaire
The stove seems to be possessed. From time to time I can hear it beeps, and sometimes when I was in the kitchen when it beeps, it is like someone pressing the button. It was so bad for a few times I catch it actually turned on the oven!! So I engaged child lock. But still, one time I withness the child lock get disabled by itself...

I have tried to clean the glass surface, so clean it looks like new, but that doesn't help much.

Eventually, I just removed the touch controller board and leave it with F1 display the whole time...

I have tried to look for a replacement to see if is the controller has gone bad, but I couldn't find any. In fact, the whole module, including the oven control seems to be discontinued a while ago.

That's until I found this forum! :) Does anyone have some tips on what might have actually gone wrong? The model I have is hard to find info, but I found a similar model (PGLEF387CS4) which looks like it uses the same controller.

Oh, I did try to use the oven (with the touch controller connected), it is just bloody annoying to the point I give up using it. It is difficult to 'press' any button and even when the oven is on, the 'random pressed' often result 'cancel' being pressed and turning off the oven. I wish I can just replace the panel and controller (which uses actual buttons and not touch sensors)...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I can't get anything to pull up for PGLEF387AS2.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, but that is not your model number is it?

PGLEF387CS4 does pull up as good, but the parts are NOT compatible with PGLEF387AS2.

Jake

dkca

Premium Member
Sorry for the late reply... The reason, why I was thinking about PGLEF387CS4, is because it looks very similar to the one I have. At this point, I was thinking of 'modifying' it by replacing whatever parts that can drive the oven with a working touch screen. Or if you know any other model that's compatible? But of course, if someone has experience dealing with those glass touch sensors repair would be even better.

And from: appliancetimers.ca/detail/Range/brand-Frigidaire/model-FRIG318019820/7459
it is showing the P/N FRIG: 318019820 was used in PGLEF387CS4 as well... (as well as some other brands)

1643906472477.png

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
At this point, I was thinking of 'modifying' it by replacing whatever parts that can drive the oven with a working touch screen. Or if you know any other model that's compatible? But of course, if someone has experience dealing with those glass touch sensors repair would be even better.
See, that's what I don't know, as a USA appliance tech I can only lookup parts for models that source at exact matches of those parts per the model number.

So unfortunately I can't help you on this one, but hopefully another tech or member can help you.

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Many older Canadian models will not be found online. You'll have to contact a local Frigidaire parts supplier (or Frigidaire Canada them self) to manually look up any parts for it. If desperate, there should be a part number printed on the original electronic control which then could be traced.

dkca said:
if someone has experience dealing with those glass touch sensors repair would be even better.

I can't look up your model either but the PGLEF387CS4 model does NOT use a 'glass touch' user interface. Its parts list shows a standard keypad membrane UI like found on a microwave oven, etc.. While it might be stuck onto a glass panel, a glass capacitance touch screen interface is a totally different animal.

If your model uses the same control as PGLEF387CS4, your model won't have a glass capacitance touch screen interface either so be careful what you're asking about.

dkca said:
At this point, I was thinking of 'modifying' it by replacing whatever parts that can drive the oven with a working touch screen

Don't even waste your time with that thought because it isn't going to happen. Get (or repair, if possible) the required part(s) or start shopping for a new range.

JMO

Dan O.