• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Refrigerator FFET1222QS stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

macsp

Premium Member
Model Number
FFET1222QS
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello there,
I have the above mentioned small fridge in the basement, about 6 years old. About couple of months ago it stopped working. Both the fridge and freezer are not cooling at all. The lights are ON, but the compressor is not kicking in. Based on my initial research, I checked the the relay attached to the compressor by replacing with a new one, no luck. Then I unplugged it for 2 week and have been thinking about buying a new one. Then I plugged in yesterday and found out the compressor is kicking in and I felt the cool air in the freezer and fridge. After running for couple of minutes, it stopped working. The lights in the fridge are blinking and I used the non contact volt meter and don't sense any current going to the relay. I can hear some clunking sound every few seconds, like it is trying to kick in. One incident that happened was a power outage about a week or two before we noticed the fridge stopped working. As we don't use it everyday, we didn't realize it was not working until I went down to grab a beer :). Not sure if the fridge stopped working with that power outage or if it was a coincident.

I am not sure what the problem is. Someone said to change the control board, which is why I was thinking about buying a new fridge as replacing those parts is expensive. I can open the control board and do some basic troubleshooting if someone can help. Attached are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5451.jpg
    IMG_5451.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5452.jpg
    IMG_5452.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5453.jpg
    IMG_5453.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 25

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

macsp

Premium Member
Thank you, much appreciated for the quick reply. Is this board inside the unit with LEDs or in the freezer compartment?
As for the voltage at the compressor, do you mean at the relay in my picture?

macsp

Premium Member
Alright, here are the results.

At the relay/compressor = no voltage
L to N = 122.6v
COMP to N = no voltage or 0v

What does it tell us now? Temp control is gone or a capacitor is blown in this board? Thanks.

macsp

Premium Member
So I told you the fridge run for a min and then dies down, after unplugging and plugging back in. When it runs, I measured 122.6v at COMP to N as well.

macsp

Premium Member
Thank you. I have to find a Canadian site to order, I guess, to avoid any duty. I will update this thread with the results. Appreciate the help very much!

macsp

Premium Member
Hi there,
I received the part yesterday and replaced it. The fridge is working fine since last night. THANK YOU SO MUCH in guiding me through this troubleshooting and helping me save some money!

Status
Not open for further replies.