• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FFHB2750TD8 Top Left of Freezer has a lot of ice

Mraz

Model Number
FFHB2750TD8
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire FFHB2750TD8 that we got from Lowes cheap as it was a returned unit because it had some dings in the door. We also found out that the shell of the water filter had cracked, more then likely it had sat outside during some freezing temps. For the most part it has worked great but we are noticing ice building up in one specific area and we are concerned if we may have an internal water leak that we cannot see. Can you please take a look at the photo and let me know if this looks normal?

Reason we are concerned is because it is focused in one area of the freezer that is under where the water supply is at with the fridge. I am assuming that the like would not likely be coming from there as I believe the freezer is pretty sealed off from the fridge but unsure. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Freezer_Issue.png
    Freezer_Issue.png
    607.3 KB · Views: 97

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's usually caused by a air gap in your freezer door gasket.

Use a hair dryer to soften up that gasket so it will seal properly, don't leave the hair dryer in one place, keep moving it back and forth, or you will burn a hole in the gasket.

The door gasket nylon will then soften up so the magnet that's inside the door gasket can stick to the cabinet properly.

Jake