• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FFHB2750TS3 - Water dispenser dripping

samstarr

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHB2750TS3
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello, Our nearly 4-year-old Frigidaire Refrigerator FFHB2750TS3 recently started dripping water from the dispenser nozzle. It only drips immediately after use (for less than 30 seconds). Sometimes I can change the number/size of drips by quickly pressing the water dispenser paddle. It also takes slightly longer than usual to get water to dispense (maybe by 1-2 seconds). The ice maker is working properly. The water filter is due to be replaced soon--but that led me to believe there was no air in the line. We did run water for a few minutes to test that theory & did not experience air pockets/spurts of water. This has been going on for about two weeks and the drip is getting worse with each use (sometimes a continuous drip). I have seen posts about replacing the water inlet valve as well as one post about replacing diodes; is this likely a similar issue?
Thank you in advance!
Sam

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you have the water filter by-pass cartridge? It comes with the refrigerator when you buy it new. Put the bypass cartridge in and see if it does that same thing, if so and you have good water pressure to the refrigerator, then its definitely that water inlet valve that's the culprit.

Here's the bypass cartridge for your model:

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order:
Water Inlet Valve 242253002

Here's the video that shows you:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

samstarr

Premium Member
Hi, thank you for the recommendations! Here's an update. I didn't try the bypass filter because we want filtered water--but I did replace the filter with a new one. We replaced the water inlet valve and are still experiencing the same issue. Here's a video of how the dispenser is functioning (hopefully it loads). Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1504.MOV
    16.7 MB

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Perfect video, thanks!

I didn't try the bypass filter because we want filtered water
No, I just wanted you to by-pass the water filter just as a TEST, not permanently.:)

At any rate, since your already replaced the water inlet valve, then the only part left that would cause this issue is the water filter head.

Here's the water filter head for your model:
Water Filter Head 5304522623

Jake

samstarr

Premium Member
Hello. We replaced the water filter head this morning and there's no change with how the water dispenses. It's dispensing the same as the previous video. I ran a lot of water to get any air bubbles out too. Any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd, that should of fixed it, there isn't any other part that would cause this I'm aware of, other then the water filter head and water inlet valve.

Hopefully another tech or member that's seen this happen on this model can shed some light on this for us.

Other than that you may want to contact Frigidaire at 1-800-374-4432 to come out and see what's going on.

Jake