• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FFHS2611LW7 - Not producing ice

RN91

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHS2611LW7
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello,

I am having an issue with my ice maker not producing ice. I replaced the water inlet valve (solenoid actuated?) and still nothing. Was assuming it was this, as there was no water going through the line into the back of the freezer. After replacing it, I looked in at the ice maker and seen the swing arm move down slowly, but still not water entering into the maker. I am not sure what sends the signal to open the valves to let water enter the ice maker, does the ice maker send the signal to open or is there a control module somewhere that maybe going bad? It seems like the ice maker is working properly, just not getting any water in it to actually make ice.

I appreciate your time and advice!

-Ray

RN91

Premium Member
I checked another post, and seen to voltage check connector that goes to the solenoid. Didn't read anything (0V), so going to be ordering a new ice maker.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Ray, you are correct, the ice maker sends the 120 volt signal to the water inlet valve.

So 0 volts means bad ice maker.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
241798231 Ice Maker

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

RN91

Premium Member
Jake, Thank you for your response! I ordered the new ice maker last night, and will be here today.

Have had the worst of luck with my appliances within the past 2 months (Dryer sensors/heating coil, washer water inlet valve, and freezer not making ice). I have always came back here to get help and save money. I appreciate all that you guys do, and the time you take to answer questions. It is very much appreciated! Thanks for the help and the learnings!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Ray, we are always here to help people with fixes their own appliances.:)

Jake

RN91

Premium Member
So I have the new Ice Maker installed. Do I need to "jumpstart" it? The fingers are not going around in the on/down position. Super hard to push them, and afraid I will break it lol.

RN91

Premium Member
I used a jumper, and jumped the motor to start (fingers moved)..still no water/ice. Any Ideas? Should I check the connector in the back again, that goes to the solenoid valve bank?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
On this ice maker you don't jump it with a wire, you turn the gear to force cycle it.

Read what Rick says here:
You can force cycle the ice maker by using a screwdriver and turning the main gear behind the cover very slowly, only a couple of teeth and it will start the harvest cycle. At the end of the harvest cycle the ice maker sends 120 VAC to the water valve brown coil and green coil. Check the voltage is correct.

Jake

RN91

Premium Member
Gotcha. I had 1 ice cube in there, looked kinda dirty. Anyway, I think the water supply going into the ice maker is frozen. Any tips on the best way to get it cleaned out? Can I unscrew the hose in the back of the fridge going to the ice maker, and push hot water through it?

Thanks!
-Ray

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the ice maker fill tube for your model below, when you click the link to it you will see a video of how to remove it to clear the ice clog out and replace it.

frigidaire-tube-water-fill-241796405-ap5671747_01_l.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

RN91

Premium Member
sorry, been really busy lately. I cleaned the tube and still nothing. I am seeing slow water at the fridge water dispenser, I am wondering if I change the filter if this could possibly help the water flow and ice maker?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if its been a long time since you replaced the water filter, that can cause slow water flow too.

Here's the water filter for your model:
Water Filter WF3CB

Jake

RN91

Premium Member
Gotcha, appreciate it! May sound dumb asking these simple questions, but learning a lot from you guys! Again, much appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.