• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FFHS2611LWF Ice maker repeatedly flooding.

pickles4601

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHS2611LWF
Brand
Frigidaire
My FFHS2611LWF ice maker randomly floods. The water doesn't shut off, over flowing the ice making tray and out the door. When I lift the bail arm it doesn't turn off the water flow. I somewhat recently (2 years maybe) replaced the ice maker and it's been functioning fine until this leaking issue. I have not turned the adjustment screws since installing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its possibly a bad water inlet valve, next time it does that UNPLUG the refrigerator first and see if the water stops, if the water DOES NOT STOP, then its definitely the water inlet valve that's bad.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order:
242252702 Water Valve

Jake

pickles4601

Premium Member
Ha I'd prefer there not be a next time! It's literally a gallon or more water pours out before I catch it. Floods the kitchen and goes down the water line hole in the floor and floods the basement

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How did you get the water to turn off? Did you turn it OFF at the water supply line valve that goes to the refrigerator?

If so, unplug the refrigerator first, then turn the water back on for a second, it water starts flowing out of the ice maker with the refrigerator unplugged, then that water inlet valve is bad.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes let us know.:)

Jake

pickles4601

Premium Member
I turned on the water and raised the bail arm. The cube rake started its cycle but appeared stuck. (Will link video) after clicking a few times it ejected the cubes and rotated. (I'm assuming it was iced up from the leakage) cube rake dumped the ice, and stopped at the 9:00 position. Water has not kicked on yet...its been a few mins. I tested via the drinking water dispenser and it is indeed on

Last edited:

pickles4601

Premium Member
I checked again, still no water but the cube rake was going around again, no cubes. Stopped at 9:00 position.
I'm going to raise the bail arm and await a response.

(My aforementioned videos won't upload to imgur, apologies)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can upload the video to Youtube and post the Youtube link here. Or share your video per Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive and post the share link here.

If the water didn't start pouring out of the ice maker once you turned the water on, that usually indicates the water inlet valve is good, and the problem would be the ice maker itself sticking on the fill contact, thus flooding water out of your ice maker.

Here's the ice maker for your model:

Jake

pickles4601

Premium Member
Ok sorry this slipped to the bottom of my "to do pile"
I put the arm up shutting off the unit for a few days while I attended other matters. Yesterday morning I lowered it. The rake rotated and swept out nothing. I didn't see any water flow into the molds. A while later I heard it making sounds and looked. The rake went around and no cubes. Is it possible the water valve is indeed malfunctioning, staying open flooding it, or refusing to open? Water supply is on, I get water from the fridge all the time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, lets do it this way--->You'll need a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts to the ice maker side of the water inlet valve, which is located in the back of your refrigerator where your water supply line connects to.

The GREEN solenoid is for the ice maker water. Just remove the plastic electrical connector that goes to it, then put your meter leads in each one and then cycle the ice maker and watch your meter for 120 volts towards the end of the cycle. If you don't get 120 volts, then your ice maker is the culprit.

To MANUALLY cycle the ice maker just remove the plastic cover over the front of it, it just unsnaps off, then you will see a gear with a arrow, turn that gear slowly about 1/4 of a turn in the direction of the arrow and then it will continue to move on its own, then watch your meter towards the end of the ice maker cycle to see if you get 120 volts.

Jake

pickles4601

Premium Member
FINALLY got to this project...

Plugged the meter into the green solenoid, read .
00.8....lowered the bail arm and the gear started turning on its own. Rake rotated, meter jumped real quick, I couldn't read it then back to 00.8 then rake kept going. Gears still turning and meter reads 01.3. It stopped turning and meter went up to 124.2 (minor fluctuations) and stayed that way for well over a minute then dropped to 01.3. (I do feel like I have low water pressure, takes a while to fill a cup etc) Gear stopped rotating. I raised the arm to shut off the ice maker and left the solenoid unplugged.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It stopped turning and meter went up to 124.2 (minor fluctuations) and stayed that way for well over a minute
The ice maker rake still should of kept turning while it was reading 124 volts, and 1 minute is way too long of a fill time, and that will flood. Normal fill time is about 7-9 seconds.

So the ice maker itself is the culprit. Order it from my link to it in post #9 and you'll be back in business.:)

Jake

pickles4601

Premium Member
Can't you turn the adjustment screw on the front of the ice maker to regulate fill times? Idk how that would have gone out of adjustment though

I just replaced the ice maker in Jan of 2017...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, its a bad ice maker, the rake should NOT stop moving when its filling.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help.:)

Jake

pickles4601

Premium Member
Replaced ice maker a little over an hour ago, it has yet to rotate. Ordered from Amazon, same as the last one I installed Jan 2017.
Supco RIM8224 Icemaker Kit amazon.com/dp/B016YJ4TRU/