• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FFHS2611LWF Ice maker repeatedly flooding.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I never trust any parts from amazon.

Order it from my post #9 and it will work, I've replaced over 100 of these same ice makers in the last 34 years and its FIXED every single one permanently, not for just 4 years like your last one from amazon.

And guess what? Not a one I ever ordered from amazon.

All were ordered from OEM part dealers.:)

Jake

pickles4601

Premium Member
20211001_162527.jpg
Finally ordered the ice maker via the above link. Received the the unit on the left, much different than my original one on the right.

I called customer service, she was very helpful. I ordered the correct part, they just shipped the wrong one. She said they're sending one out asap.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I called customer service, she was very helpful. I ordered the correct part, they just shipped the wrong one. She said they're sending one out asap.
Yes, that happens once in a blue moon, glad she got the correct one coming to you now.:)

Jake

pickles4601

Premium Member
Ice maker arrived today, installed around 445. Later checked and the gears were turning but no water came to the ice maker. Went to dinner, returned around 8. No ice, no water in the tray.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
See if your getting 120 volts to the ice maker side of the water inlet valve, which is located in the back of your refrigerator where your water supply line connects to.

The GREEN solenoid is for the ice maker water. Just remove the plastic electrical connector that goes to it, then put your meter leads in each one and then cycle the ice maker and watch your meter for 120 volts towards the end of the cycle. If you don't get 120 volts, then your ice maker is the culprit.

To MANUALLY cycle the ice maker just remove the plastic cover over the front of it, it just unsnaps off, then you will see a gear with a arrow, turn that gear slowly about 1/4 of a turn in the direction of the arrow and then it will continue to move on its own, then watch your meter towards the end of the ice maker cycle to see if you get 120 volts.

Jake

pickles4601

Premium Member
I did this test a while back and posted the results and at your advice replaced the ice maker... if it WASN'T the ice maker as you suspected, should I replace the water valve? What else could be faulty?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I need you to do this test again with the NEW ice maker installed.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
ill get on that tomorrow
Sounds good.

The reason I had you order the ice maker is the rake should NOT stop moving when its filling, like you mentioned your old one did.:)

And you should see 120 volts at the water inlet valve electrical connector for about 7-9 seconds while the rake is continually moving towards the end of the cycle.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I didn't know what Pagophagia meant, so I just googled it. LOL

Pagophagia--->compulsive ice chewing

I used to chew ice like that when I was a kid. LOL

Jake