• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FFHS2611PFEA Hi error and Test Service Mode 5

hendraiskandar

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHS2611PFEA
Brand
Frigidaire
Freezer is okay but fridge gave error H1. Did the service mode test no 5. Both sub test A and B showed good. Repeat sub test A and wait a little bit longer and the indication changed from 0 to 4. Same thing with sub test B that change to 4 after a while. But when trying to do Sub Test C, it showed only "_". I was expecting for 'E" display but it did not showed up. What could be a problem ?

Thanks, HI

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

If A or B did not display a “4” this test will display “_” and the motor will not run.
If “4” was displayed in test A or B this test displays “E”, and runs the motor continuously.
--->If motor movement is not heard, there is a problem with the motor or motor circuit.
--->If motor is running, there is a problem with the damper switch or damper switch circuit.

Did you hear the damper motor running? Also is the evaporator fan motor in the freezer running when you open the freezer door?

Another member had this similar problem and the new damper door fixed it:

Here's the damper door for your model you can order:
Damper Control Assembly 242303001

Jake

Attachments

• 808662201 (2).pdf
    507.3 KB · Views: 101

hendraiskandar

Premium Member
I believe the damper motor is running. The evaporator fan is also working.
One thing that I just found out was the return air flow path was frozen. I tried to clear the path. After that the freezer doesn't create "icing" anymore but the H1 error is still there. So could it be the damper switch has problem ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I'd replace the damper if I was you, that's usually the cause of this problem.

Jake

hendraiskandar

Premium Member
I did another test closing and opening the damper. Both test fail but the motor running. One thing in common that I can feel that there is air flow from the damper. Not a very big flow. Even when it is not in the test mode, the air flow is still there. Could it be another problem ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you open the freezer door do you feel noticeably more air through the damper?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then like I said above its most likely a bad damper assembly.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.