• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Refrigerator FFHS2611PFEA Ice Maker not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryJF

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHS2611PFEA
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a 5 year old Frigidaire Model FFHS2611PFEA, we were out of town for several weeks so I turned off the house water; when we returned and the water was back on the Ice maker isn't working it doesn't appear to be getting water the water in the door works fine.
What could be the problem? Is there a separate filter or valve for the Ice maker?

paulhl

Premium Member
Your inlet tube is frozen. When you shut off the water without disabling the ice maker it continued to cycle with little water coming in and froze. Hair dryer time to thaw it

GaryJF

Premium Member
Your inlet tube is frozen. When you shut off the water without disabling the ice maker it continued to cycle with little water coming in and froze. Hair dryer time to thaw it
Do I remove the rear [late behind the Ice Maker to access the line?
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Paul is correct.

Here's the ice maker fill tube for your model below, when you click the link to it you will see a video of how to remove it to clear the ice clog out and replace it.

frigidaire-tube-water-fill-241796405-ap5671747_01_l.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

GaryJF

Premium Member
I did that and it is clear, but no water is coming up the line; I did fill the ice maker manually with water and nothing happened. I am starting to think it is the "on-Off" switch as it doesn't cycle.
Gary

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Gary, I don't see a OFF/ON switch on your ice maker.

It sounds like the ice maker is not sending 120 volts to the water inlet valve for it to fill with water--->If you want to verify that, pull the freezer out from the wall, then locate the water inlet valve, where your water supply line hooks up to.

You'll need a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts to the ice maker GREEN SOLENOID side of the water inlet valve. The GREEN SOLENOID is for the ice maker water. Just remove the plastic electrical connector that goes to it, then put your meter leads in each one and then cycle the ice maker(turn the gear 1/4 turn clockwise then let it rotate on its own) and watch your meter for 120 volts towards the end of the cycle. If you don't get 120 volts, then your ice maker is the culprit.

Look at the photo of it below, I see no OFF/ON switch on the side of it.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
241798231 Ice Maker

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Gary, glad to hear the new ice maker fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.