• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FFTR1814QS4A - Not maintaining cooling levels

MikeNBri

Premium Member
Model Number
FFTR1814QS4A
Brand
Frigidaire
At first, the freezer had frost on interior wall and both freezer and refrigerator could not maintain proper cooling levels.
I have replaced both door gaskets, the defrost timer, compressor capacitor, start relay, and defrost thermostat.
Both fans seem to be functioning, the compressor does come on, and there seems to be a normal frost pattern.

The refrigerator stays at about 38 degrees, and the freezer at about 10-15, at the very highest (coldest) setting.
At times the temps will go up to about 42 and 15-20, but never go below the above mention temps.

Should a tech be called in, or does it sound like the fridge is past the sell-by date?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
MikeNBri said:
there seems to be a normal frost pattern

Please post a photo of the actual frost on the evaporator coil, before any sort of defrosting is done, for us to see.

MikeNBri said:
Should a tech be called in, or does it sound like the fridge is past the sell-by date?

That depends on the look of the photo. A tech may be necessary but might not be worthwhile... depending.

Dan O.

MikeNBri

Premium Member
Please post a photo of the actual frost on the evaporator coil, before any sort of defrosting is done, for us to see.

Dan,
Thanks for your response. Sorry if I got ahead of myself regarding the 'normal frost pattern' comment, as if I'm qualified to say.
I assumed after viewing one or two online. Attached is the requested photo(s).

Thank you for your time in regards.
Mike

Attachments

• 20220506_192143.jpg
    20220506_192143.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220506_192227.jpg
    20220506_192227.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 58

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Those photos show a refrigeration system problem. The unit may be low of refrigerant, there might be a restriction in the refrigeration system or a problem with the compressor. It will require a trained refrigeration technician to diagnose it further.

The cheapest a repair is likely to be is $150+ and if a compressor is needed the repair could easily be $500+

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.