• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FG4H2272UF ice maker water line freezing.

Ajmartin88

Premium Member
Model Number
FG4H2272UF
Brand
Frigidaire
Just moved into a new house that came with the refrigerator model FG4H2272UF. The water filter has been replaced and the ice maker will work good for 2 days and then it'll stop filling the tray with ice. I have to remove the ice tray and melt the ice that is building up from the water line to get it to work again. It'll then work great for 2 days and then stop filling the ice tray again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You mean the ice maker fill tube that comes down from the top and pours water into the ice maker tray is freezing up?

I remember another member with this same issue, here's that thread:

Jake

Ajmartin88

Premium Member
Yes the fill tube from the top is what is freezing. I'll check out the other thread. I thought I did a good job of checking for a similar problem on here but I guess not.

Ajmartin88

Premium Member
I looked over the other thread and my ice maker seems to be different than the one in the older post. My ice maker has hooks on the top that it has to latch into to be reinstalled. I also checked the solenoid in the back of the refrigerator and there is only one solenoid. It does not have a separate one for both the water dispenser and the ice maker.
After clearing the ice from the fill tube again now, the refrigerator is making a sound almost like the ice maker is calling for water but it sounds like it is getting air, stops and continues to make the same sound. I'm assuming there has to be a separate solenoid for the ice maker I just have no idea where to locate it so that I can test it or possibly change it out.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes you are correct, this is a different design that I have run across as of yet.

But I located the dual water inlet valve:
One side goes to the ice maker, the other side goes to the water dispenser.

Its #44 here:
FG4H2272UF.jpg

I located a very good video that shows you how to access it:

Jake

Ajmartin88

Premium Member
Replaced the water valve and melted the ice from the fill tube. Hopefully it doesn't freeze up again in a couple days.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange.

Its time to contact Frigidaire to come out at 1-800-374-4432 to see what's going on, to see why this is happening, and if the Frigidaire tech does not know, they have a special factory hotline phone number to get the Frigidaire factory involved to find a solution to this problem.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.