• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FGHB2844LF7 not dispensing water or making ice

Momofthehouse

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHB2844LF7
Brand
Frigidaire
I know similar questions have been posted, but none with my exact fridge. I replaced the water filter and the water inlet valve, and still nothing. When I press the water call button on the door, I hear a humming noise but no water comes out. Also, no ice is being made. Is there a way for me to check if the lines are frozen? Does this fridge have a storage tank? I've done a lot of research, but can't figure this out. The fridge is 9 years old and this is the first time I've experienced this.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It sounds like you have a water supply problem, because even if the water dispenser tank was frozen it should still make ice, as the ice maker has a separate fill tube than the water dispenser uses.

I always pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then turn the water off, remove the water supply line, then get a bucket or container to catch water in to test the water pressure from the water supply line into a bucket, then turn the water supply line on, and it should have good water pressure force coming out in the bucket or container.

--->If your water pressure is good, then disconnect the water line tubing underneath the water inlet valve and then press the water dispenser lever and see if water comes out good directly from the water inlet valve.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Momofthehouse

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, I finally had a chance to pull ou the fridge again. The water pressure is very strong, definitely not the issue.

I disconnected the brown tube and water came out of the inlet valve. Then I tested each of the other tubes individually and no water came out of the inlet valve. Does that mean I have a block on the brown tube?
20210316_193056.jpg

Not sure if it's related, but I heard the fridge attempting to make ice earlier today. It sounded like the water was filling the ice maker, but when I checked the ice maker tray was still empty.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My bad, on this model the ice maker fill does go through the water filter and water tank as well.

So yes, if the water tank is frozen you will not get water to the ice maker or the water dispenser. Get a hair dryer and de-ice it, the water tank coil.

Here's our main thread on this issue:
Look at his last post.

The water tank is in the refrigerator section, and its actually a round plastic tube coil(look of the bottom left side of this photo below):
water tank coil.jpg

Jake