• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FGHS2355PF6B No ice

hkgar

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHS2355PF6B
Brand
Frigidaire
The ice maker cycles but produces no ice. I replaced the soenoid but still no water in the ice maker. Line is not frozen. Bad ice maker?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its usually the ice maker that is bad causing it not to fill with water, to verify that read below:
Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower access panel and locate the water inlet valve, where your water supply line hooks up to.

You'll need a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts to the ice maker GREEN SOLENOID side of the water inlet valve. The GREEN SOLENOID is for the ice maker water. Just remove the plastic electrical connector that goes to it, then put your meter leads in each one and then cycle the ice maker(turn the gear 1/4 turn clockwise then let it rotate on its own) and watch your meter for 120 volts towards the end of the cycle for 5-7 seconds. If you don't get 120 volts for 5-7 seconds, then your ice maker is the culprit.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
Ice Maker Assembly 5303918344

There is a video in the ice maker part link that shows you how to replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

hkgar

Premium Member
`

What gear are you referring to? I usually cycle it by holding the on/off about 15 seconds and the cycle takes about 4 minutes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My bad, you are correct, I was thinking you had the older style ice maker that did NOT have the ON/OFF switch.

Test Cycling--->Press the momentary contact on the ON/OFF switch for approximately 15 seconds. Ice maker will continue to complete the cycle.

Jake