• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Refrigerator FGHS2655PF5A Water dispenser turns on without being activated

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyAnon

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHS2655PF5A
Brand
Frigidaire
Water dispenser turn on intermittently for roughly 4 seconds. I place an empty cup there at night and by morning it's full. What part shall I replace? Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the parts diagram for your model:

Here's the wiring diagram for your model: https://ecommcdnprod.azureedge.net/...roduct_support/FPH/FPHS2699PF4A/A01461101.pdf

When this problem happens its usually either the dispenser module or main control board. Lock the dispenser control and see if it still intermittently shoots water out.

Here's the dispenser module for your model:
242270101 Module

Here's the main control board for your model:

Jake

TonyAnon

Premium Member
Jake,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I've already swapped out both parts you suggest and the problem continued. Is there another option? Thank you.

TonyAnon

Premium Member
Jake,
I put the dispenser module indictor on "Ice" and locked It. The dispenser still dispenses water intermittently. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower rear access panel and locate the water inlet valve and remove the electrical connector to the YELLOW solenoid and leave it disconnected and see if it still randomly shots out water from the water dispenser.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
242252702 Water Valve

Jake

TonyAnon

Premium Member
I've disconnected the yellow connector. I'll report back in a couple of hours. Thank you.
yellow connector.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good! We found the problem, its the water inlet valve that's causing it, because no electrically is going to it, and the diaphragm inside that valve is opening intermittently which equals failing.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tony, glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.