• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FGUS2642LF0 Ice maker stops after removing bin

gadget23

Model Number
FGUS2642LF0
Brand
Frigidaire
When I remove the ice tray/bin from the freezer, empty the ice into a cooler, and replace the bin, quite often the ice maker won't start making ice again. Taking the bin in/out forcefully and wiggling it around seems to eventually get it started again, but I can't figure out why.

The ice maker only seems to act up after removing and replacing the bin. It makes ice consistently when left in place.

Is there a sensor/switch somewhere to detect whether or not the bin is in place? If so, I cannot seem to locate it. If not, I can't figure out why shuffling the bin around seems to bring the ice maker back to life.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just the freezer door light switch is the only sensor part that would cause this problem. You don't have a ice dispenser container switch on your model.

Its possibly your freezer door light switch starting to wear out. You can ohm test it for continuity, watch the video below. Unplug the refrigerator before you remove it and ohm test it. To remove it just pry it out with a flathead screwdriver.

Here's the freezer door switch for your model:
242060201 Freezer door light switch

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.