• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FGUS2642LF2 Ice auger motor cycles on and off

pmdundee

Premium Member
Model Number
FGUS2642LF2
Brand
Frigidaire
The auger motor on my ice dispenser is continually cycling on and off. It runs for a minute or two, turns off for a few minutes, and then repeats. It does turn off when the door is opened. The actuator paddle is functional and I tested the micro switch as well. Then I replaced the dispenser module but that didn’t change anything. I’ve removed the ice bucket to keep it from making a mess but am not sure what else to do.

The freezer is also acting a bit odd with cooling even though it’s empty and we’ve not been opening the door. The front panel will indicate the temperature rising (it’s set at 0 and has gone as high as 14) and then slowly returning to normal, though I don’t hear the compressor running constantly. I wonder if the temp sensor is bad?

Considering the two issues, might the main control panel be bad?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Considering the two issues, might the main control panel be bad?
You nailed it!
frigidaire-board-switch-5303918538-ap4695243_02_l.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's located under the machine. The easiest way to access it is to tilt the machine back against the wall. I use a couple pieces of 2x4's under the front corners.

pmdundee

Premium Member
It's located under the machine. The easiest way to access it is to tilt the machine back against the wall. I use a couple pieces of 2x4's under the front corners.
Yikes that doesn’t sound fun. I did find this video which (
) isn’t my exact model but seems very similar and indicates you can get to the part without tipping the fridge.

I woke up this morning to the smell of burnt electronics. The fridge is still cooling but the auger motor has stopped. I don’t smell the odor in the freezer so I’m hoping this doesn’t mean the motor burnt out. But I’m concerned now that the fridge is a safety hazard and am wondering if I need to power it off since it’ll be a few days before I can get a part or have a tech on-site.