• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FPHB2899LF3 Ice maker ice built up

haqattack

Premium Member
Model Number
FPHB2899LF3
Brand
Frigidaire
Hey guys. Sorry typing this on my phone.

Have a customer with a frigidaire french door. Issues with front display (temp readout is a bit funky, looks like it needs a new display). Options screen readout is fine. Its hard to tell what numbers it reads out, especially in service test mode.

Now, the main issue is the finger evap for the ice maker frosts over. Customer has defrosted it many times. It makes ice ok, but freezes over every few days.

Found bad defrost thermostat up there and replaced it, but issue has returned. Fan in there tested ok and was working. Also complained that the fridge section loses cooling about every 2 wks. I checked the cooling system and everything seemed to be fine during my visit. Service test modes for the evap fan, damper, defrost checked out fine.

Not highly experienced with these units, does anyone have any other tips on why the evap for the icemaker could be freezing over?

I saw a few service flashes with regards to an air handler kit. Does this need to be changed as well? Customer doesnt want to spend too much on the unit.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here is the Ice Maker Kit you will need in post #27 here:

RepairClinic ships to Canada:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome!

Jake