• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FPHC29398LF1 Water and Icemaker no longer working

Yakora

Model Number
FPHC29398LF1
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello, I recently got my water softener and iron filter replaced. Since then my ice maker no longer is working and my water dispenser hasnt worked since I moved in. I have replaced the water filter and got 1 set of ice cubes out, but now it is back to nothing. I have taken out my filter and each time it is filled with water (orange water on intake clear on the other. When I hold down my water dispenser I can hear it sucking in water after I empty the filter. No water comes out. This leads me to believe that the inlet valve is working fine, but the tubes within the fridge are either frozen or calcified (the iron filter and softener were shot). Is this something someone not very handy can take care of and learn from Youtube/instruction or should I call repair or is it time to replace?

Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's a water line schematic. Break the system down by components to find where you're losing the water. Example: Disconnect the water line from the connector below the freezer door hinge and press the dispenser. If water comes out the problem is the dispenser or water line in the door.
R-Water Schematic Frigidaire sxs.jpg