• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator FRS6LF7JM3 evaporator fan is intermittent

ripka2677

Premium Member
Model Number
FRS6LF7JM3
Brand
Frigidaire
For the past few weeks my evaporator fan has been intermittent and pulsing on and off. I have cleaned coils under the refrigerator. Compressor and fan are working. I have even ice built up on coils inside freezer. Bottom of freezer is cold. The ice is not being made. I pulled the evaporator fan and plugged it into a 120v outlet. The fan worked fine and did not shut off. I checked the plug where the evaporator fan is connected and the volts are pulsing. It is 10 years old but still in good shape. Is it fixable?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I looked at the wiring diagram and don't see anything that could cause the besides the adaptive defrost electronic control (# 241508001) malfunctioning. Maybe a weak and failing relay on it?

The only other possibility might be a loose wiring connection anywhere from the control to that motor. Try reseating any connectors in the wiring harness to that motor and/or see if the power fluctuation can be measured right at the control board which should rule out the wiring.

FRS6LF7JM3 wiring.jpg

Unfortunately a new adaptive control is discontinued. If it is needed you might need to see if you can find someone to repair the original one or try to find a used one... that hopefully still works.

Dan O.

ripka2677

Premium Member
Dan O. said:
Unfortunately a new adaptive control is discontinued. If it is needed you might need to see if you can find someone to repair the original one or try to find a used one... that hopefully still works.

Thank you very much. I was afraid it was going to be discontinued.

ripka2677

Premium Member
Dan O

I did find one on Ebay but it has 3 models listed that it would be a replacement for. Do you know if that's possible? I figured if it was possible then other sites would advertise it could be used for other models.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The original control was replaced by an assembly of multiple components which could be used to replace numerous different original electronic controls that had been used over the years. I have no idea what the differences were in those original electronic controls nor if whichever part they are selling would be a direct replacement for the one used on their model, sorry.

You'll have to check with the seller and I suggest you also ask about their return policy in case.

Did you actually confirm it was the control that was responsible?

Dan O.