• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Refrigerator FSC23F7DB7 Ice maker not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehans

Premium Member
Model Number
FSC23F7DB7
Brand
Frigidaire
it is a 2005 model Frigidaire and I replaced the water supply solenoids and the ice maker. I have good water pressure (60 psi) and water flow from the front dispenser. If I fill the mold with water manually , it makes ice and pushes it out, then I can hear the water valve come on for like a second and the mold only gets like 1/8" water in the bottom. Internal water filter was replaced with a empty housing

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Only a second? Should be at least 5-7 seconds it should fill.

Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower access panel and locate the water inlet valve, where your water supply line hooks up to.

You'll need a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts to the ice maker GREEN SOLENOID side of the water inlet valve. The GREEN SOLENOID is for the ice maker water. Just remove the plastic electrical connector that goes to it, then put your meter leads in each one and then cycle the ice maker(turn the gear 1/4 turn clockwise then let it rotate on its own) and watch your meter for 120 volts towards the end of the cycle for 5-7 seconds. If you don't get 120 volts for 5-7 seconds, then your ice maker is the culprit.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
Ice Maker Assembly 5303918344

There is a video in the ice maker part link that shows you how to replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

tehans

Premium Member
Thanks, Do I cycle it by holding the on button down to cycle it, or physically turn it? Yes that is the ice maker I got, just put a new one in, but it could be bad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oops, my bad, yes this is the newer model with the OFF/ON switch.

Test Cycling--->Press the momentary contact on the ON/OFF switch for approximately 15 seconds. Ice maker will continue to complete the cycle.

Jake

tehans

Premium Member
Thanks for your help, it turns of the tube from the back of the freezer to the icemaker that goes through the wall was completely filled with ice, I thought I had cleared it previously with a hair dryer, but I guess not. I think the problem, is I previously had an RO filter connected and it sometimes did not have enough flow/pressure. Now the fridge is just connected to the house water supply

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I think the problem, is I previously had an RO filter connected and it sometimes did not have enough flow/pressure.
Yes, I see that happen a lot.

So now is the ice maker filling up all the way with water?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.(y)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.