• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Refrigerator LFSS2612TF2 both sides not cooling H1 code...

ballyhooo

Premium Member
Model Number
LFSS2612TF2
Brand
Frigidaire
Ongoing problem last few days so emptied both sides and pulled back panels. Evaporator coils were iced up especially at the top section. I have been reading similar issues on this board and followed some advice to check the evap heater which ohm tested good. Next I checked the evap thermostat which failed the ohm test. Check the evap fan motor which tested good. So I am going with replacing the evap thermostat and hope that solves the issue! Any other suggestions while it is torn apart? Many thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you Ohm the defrost thermostat for continuity(0 ohms) WHILE ITS FROSTY while the refrigerator was unplugged?

Here's the defrost thermostat for your model:
5303918214 Defrost Thermostat

There is a video when you click the part link to the defrost thermostat, it shows where its at.

Watch this video: Defrost Thermostat Ohm Testing Video If it's frosty you don't need to remove it and put it in ice water to ohm test it.

If it has no quick disconnect, you will have to cut the wires and splice back the insulation a little, don't cut to close to the defrost thermostat itself as you will need 2 wire nuts to connect the spliced wires back together.

Jake

ballyhooo

Premium Member
New defrost thermostat worked for 1 week and now back to same problem...evap coils iced up and H1 code on freezer side. Would it be worthwhile to run the diagnosis mode? How is that done? Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ohm test that new defrost thermostat you got and see if it passes or fails.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Look under SPECIAL MODES:
MANUAL DEFROST--->Press and hold FRZ UP; then press FF DOWN key 5 times within 5 sec. Input is recognized when FRZ UP is released. Same to deactivate.

Then LOOK under SERVICE MODE.

Jake

Attachments

• 808662202 (3).pdf
    493.6 KB · Views: 31

ballyhooo

Premium Member
Jake thanks for the data sheet. All tests were normal. Ohm checked the defrost thermostat and it is working. It ran for another 4 days then froze up once again. The H1 code for freezer is flashing but temp in freezer is showing 0 on thermometer and 39 in refrig side. Could it be the control panel? About the only part left...Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Here's the part you need:
frigidaire-control-electonic-w-a01078804-ap5953796_01_m.jpg

Jake

ballyhooo

Premium Member
Dear Jake...part came in and I replaced the control panel today. It is running and seems to be cooling so far but when I turned power back on I have either a PO or OP code flashing on both sides. The only thing close to that on the data sheet is open thermistor. Hate to keep bothering you but...any suggestions? Very much appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
part came in and I replaced the control panel today. It is running and seems to be cooling so far but when I turned power back on I have either a PO or OP code flashing on both sides.
Take a photo of it and upload it here please.

Jake

ballyhooo

Premium Member
O in both then P in both.

Attachments

• 20210122_142323_HDR.jpg
    20210122_142323_HDR.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210122_142320_HDR.jpg
    20210122_142320_HDR.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 18

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's not right, was it doing that before you replaced the electronic control board?

Did you order the electronic control board from my link to it in post #7 at AppliancePartsPros?

Jake

ballyhooo

Premium Member
Jake, no it never did this before. No I got the part at GQ Parts.com it was considerably cheaper, however it is the same Electrolux part. I read online that the P and O means power outage and you clear it by pressing the same "alarm reset" button. But it will not clear it...defective board? I already contacted them but have not received an answer yet! Also the evaporator coils are still FROSTING up as before!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that board is defective.

Your tech. data sheet does not even mention PO on yours, Power Outage is mainly the Whirlpool refrigerators that do that.

Order the board from my link to it in post #7 and it should work perfect.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake