Frigidaire side by side refrigerator - Fridge freezes food - wierd noise

smkt404

Premium Member
imported post

My refrigerator is freezing our milk and drinks. Had a problem two weeks ago with freezer defrosting too long, thawing all the food. Replaced Adaptive Defrost timer and now the freezer is super cold and has considerable frost build up on food. Refrigerator now freezes. The whole unit makes odd intermittent buzzing/whining noise for 5-10 seconds. Is it possible the damper door is froze or possibly a thermostat malfunction??? Help!

2003 Frigidaire (SIDE BY SIDE)

Model #FRS26R4AW7

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

smkt404

Premium Member
imported post

Is the kit something I can easily replace myself. I've already taken the kit off once to replaced the adaptive defrost timer which is attached inside the kit.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Yea, its pretty simple, you just have to remove all the mounting screws that holds it in place, about 5 or 6.

It should have instuctions and even a tool in it.

Jake

smkt404

Premium Member
imported post

My refrigerator had a problem two weeks ago with freezer defrosting too long, thawing all the food. Replaced Adaptive Defrost timer, still does it. The whole unit makes odd intermittent buzzing/whining noise for 5-10 seconds.It sounds like the noise is coming from underneath the unit.:X Help!

2003 Frigidaire (SIDE BY SIDE)

Model #FRS26R4AW7

aaastan

Appliance Tech
imported post

From the rear of the refrigerator--remove the access panel and check to see if any debris fell into the condenser fan motor area(such as paper). The fan blades may be rubbing against it.

John

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

I thought you said in the other post it was freezing everything now?

Please keep the posts in the same topic you started, thanks.