• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Top Load Stacked Washer Leaking

DanM

Premium Member
My two-year old Frigidaire stacked washer (top loader) is leaking. In desperation, I have removed the front panel, pressure-tested the drain hose, reattached & watched the thing leak as it spins. Seems to leak only on a large load setting. During fill & wash cycles, all is well, then spin starts & droplets appear on the interior of back panel. Pump, hoses are dry. Top of basket is wet also. Then bottom pan fills with water & overflows onto floor. From residue, looks like it has been doing this for a while. I have been testing it with no clothes and the only thing I can think of is the water level seems really high on the "large" load cycle. All else seems fine. Any clues? The level switch tube is connected. Can't see any other obvious problems. It's less than 2 years old!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Whats the model# of your stack unit? should be located inside the dryer door.

Jake

DanM

Premium Member
Frigidaire Model #

Jake -

Model: FLEB43RGS3
Serial: XE35206319

Also - there seems to be no delay between pump on & tub spin - shouldn't there be a delay here? Could the spin be sloshing water out the top due to centrifugal force? I was wrong about about age - date of manufacture is 12/03. Just losing track of time!

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Yes there should be a delay after the wash cycle it should drain the water then spin, you may have a clog in your water pump, causing the water to come out slow then start spinning while the tub is semi-full of water.

All the water should drain out of your tub within 90 seconds, if not take off your pump hoses and check to see if something is clogging it.

Jake

DanM

Premium Member
Leaking Frigidaire Washer

Thanks, Jake - I'll investigate further & report back. Appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Dan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Dan, let us know the outcome.:)

Jake

DanM

Premium Member

Well Jake,

I have a whole bunch of nothing to report. First, I popped off the ring around the tub, checked the gasket & reinstalled (it was tight to begin with). Watched it run a full cycle on MED setting - dry as a bone EXCEPT for a fine spray out the back when water was added during full spin - looks like air flow was blowing water out, maybe because lid was open (I held switch with a wood pencil). . I did notice that tub pumped out completely, THEN spin started - about 90 seconds like you said! Then, I did same with LARGE setting. Tub filled up, agitated, pumped out, then spun - just like clockwork. The only leakage I noticed was a small drip on front of basket after spin - looks to have started near top. Tiny puddle on metal base, no other water.

From the scum & residue on the base, looks like this machine has been dripping for a while, but not enough to overflow the depressions in the base - until a few weeks ago. At wits end here - I think I'll just buy a washer pan, let it leak a little & live with it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Bambiblaster

Appliance Tech
Are all the spring on the frame and does it spin pretty much centered... an out of balance spin will cause water to leak ut the rear when the spray rinse shoots in and hits the splash ring.. Also check that the unit is level

DanM

Premium Member

Yes - all springs are connected and it pretty much spins in-balance. I'm no expert, but I just haven't been able to find a smiking gun here.

Thanks,
Dan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds like you've done and checked everything throughly, nothing else to do right now unless it starts leaking alot more.

Jake