• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Upright Freezer LFFH21F7HWH not cooling

Jlchafin256

Premium Member
Model Number
LFFH21F7HWH
Brand
Frigidaire
Defrost thermostat tested good, ie continuity after I put it in the fridge freezer for a few and defrost heater shows continuity. Evap fan is working. Unit has a digital display.

I unplugged it and let it fully defrost then plugged it back in. Did not cool down appreciably. This is what the coils looked like after a couple of hours plugged in. Any ideas where to check next?

Attachments

• 20220821_144444.jpg
    20220821_144444.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 56

Jlchafin256

Premium Member
DOH! I realized this morning that I did not put the cover on over the coils and evap fan. Without that there would be no direct airflow over the coils to cool the freezer. Cover is in place and will let it sit for half a day before checking to see how it is doing.

Jlchafin256

Premium Member
Have you pulled a amp draw with a amp clamp around one of the compressor wires? Looks like either a bad compressor or a restriction in the evaporator.
Still looking for an ammeter as I just have a standard multimeter.

Right now the freezer is maintaining approx 42 deg and I can tell the compressor is running. Would it be worthwhile to add refrigerant? Assuming it uses R134. I have a gauge set and vacuum pump I use for work on the cars.

Jlchafin256

Premium Member
I would like to add that the freezer had been unplugged overnight and had fully thawed so the coils were clean

Jlchafin256

Premium Member
I added a piercing valve and added some refrigerant and now the temperature is back to where it should be. What should the low pressure side pressure be?

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.