FIXED Frigidaire upright freezer (model LFFH2067DW2) runs continuously

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then order the temperature control thermostat.

As long as the compressor is not super hot then its fine. Anyway if the compressor was the problem it would stay warm inside the freezer and not -8.:)

Jake

divepro99

Premium Member
90D3AA10-6062-4A7B-8B5A-A2BD9434FB40.jpeg

I changed out the temperature controller yesterday at 11 am.

Took about 40 minutes to empty the freezer, change the thermostat, install the new one and reload the freezer.

Bending the temp probe was a bit of a pain. The only difference between the old thermostat and the new one, was the position of the contacts. Instead of two side by side electrical connection stabs, the new thermostat had two stabs in a line. Does it matter which wire connects to which stab? I hope not, as they looked the same, so I just picked.

The unit ran for about 6 hours before clearing the high temp alarm. It was 8f this morning with a thermostat setting of 2. Not sure about this afternoon.... kinda hot to check as the high was 99 today so the garage is rippin’ hot.

I will let you know what happens. (with temps in the upper 90s all week, it may be hard to figure out if the unit cycles properly.)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does it matter which wire connects to which stab?
No, it doesn't matter.:)

Excellent, glad to hear its +8 now instead of -8 continuously.

Yes, let us know today how it does. (y)

Jake

divepro99

Premium Member
Good afternoon! Well, so far, so good. The new thermostat is set at 1 and max inside temp is 10f. It cycles on and off like it’s supposed to so far.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake