FIXED Frigidaire Washer FAFW3801LW3 - Just replaced the control board. Washer won't start the cycle.

johnnyboy101

Premium Member
Model Number
FAFW3801LW3
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi there,

I recently had a power surge in my house due to a faulty ground placement outside and it blew out my washer. I took the control panel apart and found that the voltage regulators were blown, and the caps were bulged. I replaced the control board with:

CONTROL BOARD,PRINTED CI
Part Number: 137006005
Made by: Frigidaire

got it all back together, and everything seems like it works... EXCEPT... the cycle will not start. the door lock engages, the door lock light comes on, but then nothing happens. All other functions, as far as the control board goes, seem to be working correctly.

Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

johnnyboy101

Premium Member
I was able to retrieve the error code E31 - Control Board can not communicate with the water pressure sensor. Going to replace that now.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that would make sense.:)

Here's the pressure switch for your model(Video Included):
134762000 Water Level Pressure Switch

Also take the hose off of the pressure switch and blow through it, make sure no water is in the tub.

And also make sure the pressure switch hose doesn't have a pin hole air leak in it either.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Johnny, keep us posted.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Johnny, glad to hear the new water level pressure switch sensor fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake