Frigidaire washer FCCW3000FS clicking noise

Newhomeowner

Premium Member
Model Number
FCCW3000FS
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi everyone. Have a Frigidaire commercial grade washer that has been running like a champ for over ten years. Was considering replacing but would like to give a repair a go first. As of the last month, the cycles have not been completing all the way and just this week, standing water ended up in the washer tub and the machine started clicking after a loud thump. I've posted a video.

I know that this model has had a recall due to the water discharge pump being problematic so have contacted frigidaire for that.

Any idea what the clicking would be? Does it sound like the drum bearing or like something is stuck somewhere?

Also, would the reason for the incomplete loads be a faulty door latch?

Am I better off just getting a new machine than wasting time and throwing parts at this? This is a coin op washer for tenants to use as well and they aren't ever the most careful with what they load. Problem is that a replacement is now 3x-4x the cost of what it was a decade ago...

Thanks everyone in advance for your guidance!

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing the last digit in the model number, here's the results I get:
FCCW3000FS0
FCCW3000FS1
FCCW3000FS2
FCCW3000FS3
FCCW3000FS4

In the video it sounds like either something is rattling inside the drain pump, or the drain pump bearing went out, or your tub spider support arm broke. Remove the electrical connector to the drain pump and run the washer at that same spot in the cycle and see if that rattling sound stops or not.

If that rattling noise stops, then its definity your drain pump.

Remove the drain pump and check for foreign objects in it, if you don't find any foreign objects in it, then the drain pump bearing went out. There is a video that shows you how to remove and replace it when you click the part link to it below.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump 137108000

Jake

Newhomeowner

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. It is indeed the FCCW3000FS2. Thank you for helping me to clarify. I have a new drain pump on order already since that part was recalled so hopefully that is it. Fingers crossed then as I await for part!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake