• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Washer FFLE3911QW0 won't drain, spin, or agitate

mvpeh

Premium Member
Model Number
FFLE3911QW0
Brand
Frigidaire
My friend said that the washer filled, but would not start the cycle or drain. Simply beeped three times and unlocked the lid. They tried it again and it did the same thing except filled it with even more water.

So I came over, drained it with a shop vac, cut the water and power, and inspected the drain pump. It looks fine - no clogs, and was able to drain the rest of the water through the drain pump out of the machine. I could not get it to enter diagnostics mode, carefully following the manual that was taped inside to no avail. Am I right in thinking that it is the drain pump? I don't really want to order the pump, make them wait 3 days, come install a new pump, and it be the control board.

I didn't try running it again because it was difficult to drain it already, there's not much room for my arms under the machine and I don't really have a bucket large enough that would also fit under there to manually drain it again.

From my understanding the components it could be are the control board or the drain pump, and the drain pump looked fine with no clogs and no debris whatsoever. I have a multimeter but I since I already had cut the power and taken it off I didn't have time to try yesterday. I also am not the most experienced with electrical work so I was at a loss as to where to actually put the connectors from the multimeter. Do I just touch them to the coated wire? Both are orange so I can't tell wire direction.

What should my next step be before I order a new drain pump? Any ideas?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does it sound like the drain pump is humming, but not running?

Yes, I'd first remove the drain pump and check for something that is jamming it, or something blocking the drain pump impeller from turning to extract the water.

Here's the drain pump for your model(Video Included):
Drain Pump 5304524452

Jake

mvpeh

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

thanks for responding. Seems like you are the go-to guru. I have seen your other posts and the drain pump was thus the first thing I checked. I did not run to check if the drain pump was humming however I did remove the pump and see that there were no clogs.

I was about to order a new pump however I want to be 100% sure that it is the drain pump.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
First check to make sure you are getting 120 volts to the drain pump, when it should be in a drain/spin cycle. You will need a multimeter.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I could not get it to enter diagnostics mode, carefully following the manual that was taped inside to no avail
So if your not getting 120 volts at the drain pump AND you can't get into the diagnostics mode--->That usually indicates a main control board problem. You have 2 control boards, other members have found one of the control boards had burnt spots on them, and another found the connector pins in them have been coming out on the control board itself.

So I'd check both your control boards first and check the connectors to the control boards.

This is the main control board for your model:
5304511966 Control-Electrical

This is the motor control board for your model:
808653801 Board

Here's the service manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lxpbkTUy65bViCI51K6mNYFSRL6dAKW0

Motor Control board is at the bottom of the washer, Main Control board is in the back. You will need to pull the front panel off and then pull the laundry center out from the wall. Look on Pages 141 Motor Control Board Accessibility through 144 where it says Main Control Board Accessibility.

Check all those wires down at the Motor Control Board to see if any are broken too.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake