FIXED Frigidaire Washer (FTF2140FS1) "Normal" Cycle not Working

onemachado

Premium Member
Model Number
FTF2140FS1
Brand
Frigidaire
Hey everyone,

My Frigidaire Washer (FTF2140FS1) has been acting a little strange lately. For some reason, out of the blue, the "Normal" cycle that we usually leave use has stopped working. When I press the start button the door locks but nothing else happens.

The weird thing is that all the other cycles seem to work without a problem. We have been washing our clothes now on the "Sport" and "Heavy" cycles, but I would like to fix this if at all possible.

With the help of posters on this board I learned how to fix a non-draining washer, so now I hope I can get some help with my next problem.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, check for an error code first.

Here's the repair manual for your model: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/5995413084_Washer_2004.pdf

You have the "GOOD" model(non-digital display). So an error code will be read with the flashing lights you count.

Read page 10 of that repair manual.

Let us know.

But it sounds like the main control board is bad since its happening to only that NORMAL cycle thats not working.

Here's the control board for your model:
137005000 Control Board

Jake

onemachado

Premium Member
Thanks Jake!

I will try this once I get home from work today or tomorrow, and I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks again, talk to you soon.
Kevin

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Kevin, sounds good.

Jake

stripedbadger

Hi Onemachado,

I do not know if you have fixed your washer so I will post this for you and any others who will encounter the same thing. I received the following fix that worked for my Affinity washer.

Turn the washer display on by rotating the knob to any cycle, press and hold the spin speed and soil level buttons at the same time until the display reads 'Restore default'.

Wallah, you have now reset the board to factory settings and your normal wash should now work!:cool: You may have to unplug the washer afterwards, wait a couple of minutes and plug back in. I did not have to unplug for my fix to work but the tech said sometimes you have to perform the second step too.

On my Frigidaire Affinity (FAFW4011LW) washer, the technique that works is:

1. Turn the dial to the wash mode that is not working (temperature/spin settings disabled).

2. Press and hold the spin speed and options buttons. After a few seconds, the LED display shows "Cln". Press "Start".

The temp and spin speed selections should be re enabled at this point.

cwilliams

i just wanted to thank you guys , for about 7 months my regular cycle stopped working , and today my casual cycle stopped . so i decided to look online and figure out what was going on. i did what you guys said and i was shocked and amazed...it worked. my hubby was about to throw the thing out. i am so very happy i found this forum, it really was a great help... thank you thank you thank you

bbrinkley007

Big thanks to this forum for the information here! I have a Sears Kenmore Model #417.41122310 front load washer which was exhibiting these exact same symptoms. The steps Vega Paithankar suggested in his post worked to remedy the problem. I just wanted to make sure anyone else with my exact model could hopefully find this post (I read other online information that said my model did not have a 'reset' function...they were mistaken). I love the internet when it works they way it should.

conniemitt

Premium Member
This information was a game changer for me. We have a Kenmore front loader model 417.41122410. (made in 2014) We were charged big bucks for a repair person to reset our machine ... after an 1 1/2 hours and several phone calls to 'the main office" it was working once more. Once again we have the issue of normal and heavy duty cycles refusing to start & run. This simple (free!!) information did what I needed. Nowhere is this information listed in the manual .... hmmmm ... and it doesn't seem to be common knowledge with the repair folks. I wrote this information on the cover of our owner' manual.

Lisamungin@verizon.net

Premium Member
I am so excited that I read this blog!! Thank you for taking the time to do it. I have an affinity washer and the normal cycle lights wouldn’t show. I stopped using it because I didn’t know what the water temp was and how the cycle was working. I reset my washer just as you described and now my normal cycle is working again. I haven’t used it in months! Your quick fix was the first I read. It took longer to register to this site to thank you than it did to fix it! Thank you again. And I didn’t have to unplug it. Reset and worked right away.

Last edited:

Lisamungin@verizon.net

Premium Member
Normal cycle light

Thank you so much for this easy fix. All the cycles of my washing machine had lights on their display except the normal cycle. I pressed the soil level button and spin speed button at the same and it restored to normal default and it was fixed. Easiest fix ever ...thank you so much. By the way, I did not need to unplug my washing machine! Thank you thank you.

Hi Onemachado,

I do not know if you have fixed your washer so I will post this for you and any others who will encounter the same thing. I received the following fix that worked for my Affinity washer. Turn the washer display on by rotating the knob to any cycle, press and hold the spin speed and soil level buttons at the same time until the display reads 'Restore default'. Wallah, you have now reset the board to factory settings and your normal wash should now work!:cool: You may have to unplug the washer afterwards, wait a couple of minutes and plug back in. I did not have to unplug for my fix to work but the tech said sometimes you have to perform the second step too.

Hazeak47

The factory reset trick worked for my model FRIGIDARE - FFFW5000QW0 with one difference: You have to hold the "SPIN SPEED" and "OPTIONS" buttons simultaneously. After 6 seconds it will beep and show "CLR" on the LED screen. You have to do this for every mode that is not working. Mine only had "Rinse and Spin" and "Spin only" modes left. But now everything works!!!

NickLulu

I hate opening an account but I have to say thanks to this post as it helped me reset my washer.

MAKE: Frigidaire
MODEL: FFFW5000QW
Washer

Need to do a "System Clean" as instructed on page 20 of the user guide.

Press and hold "Spin Speed" and "Options" simultaniusly for 10 seconds till the display change to "CLn".

Press start. But rather than waiting for the cleaning cycle to finish, press Cancel just after 5-10 seconds. it will flush the water out and LCD screen turns off.

When you press start you can now test.

as @Hazeak47 indicated is to do it on each mode that has a problem.

Use the following illustration so you know what options there are on each mode:

Capture.GIF

It Helped me a lot to make my washer fully functional!!!

I verified it, I also ran a clean cycle to clean up the drum!