• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Front Load 417.43042200 Fills Drains, Only Door Lock Light is Lit. No Wash Light, agitation, etc. Door lock and Control Board didn't resolve.

kb04090

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Here's what we've tried so far. Replaced door lock. Washer fills (but wash light is NOT on). After washer fills, there is no agitation. Advance timer to spin and washer successfully drains. Did check pump and there are no debris. Replaced motor control board with used (guaranteed). This did not change what is happening. There is power going to the motor. Not sure what to try next. Hey, I know she's an old gal, but largely in like-new condition ... other than not working ;) Thanks in advance, KB

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

This machine does have a lot of age on it, that's for sure.:)

Back in 2005 @stevene posted the diagnostics guide in this thread:
Just follow that guide to find the problem, and in post #7 he found an error in that guide and corrected it for everyone.

Also look at this thread:

Check the motor electrical connector where it connects to that plastic connector block from the wire harness where it connects to the motor under the outer drum assembly, when I worked at Sears I saw those pins get burnt or backed out quite a bit on my service calls, thus the motor would not run at all.

Jake

kb04090

Premium Member
FIXED - Front Load 417.43042200 Fills Drains, Only Door Lock Light is Lit. No Wash Light, agitation, etc. Door lock and Control Board didn't resolve

Learned ~ If you have to move a front loader, look inside the base for supports that are temporarily used to keep the drum stationery.

Looked at more details today on doing the multi-meter testing and reading the schematics. Decided to take the timer off this afternoon to see if it needed attention. Found the tub had hit one corner of it. I straightened it out and re-installed. Unit powered up with WASH LIGHT, filled, etc. I think initially the CONTROL BOARD was the issue, but then when we moved it, we compounded the problem with a blow to the timer.

I've run it through DELICATE and ECO WASH cycles successfully.

I had searched the forum for my problem, but had omitted the DOT from the part number 41743042200. Didn't find anything relevant. Maybe that will also be a TIP for someone.

Love this machine!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake